Monday, October 15, 2007

Development/Beer Quicky: The Goose

I've been a little heavy on the development news lately, so here's some news that's beer-related.

Last Thursday, I met up with the Hoosier Beer Geeks, Matt (of Matt's Beer Blog) and a couple other friends of the Geeks at Chatham Tap. The gathering was one of the Geeks semi-monthly beer tastings -- Wychwood Hobgoblin this time. I'm not crazy about UK beer to begin with, plus Matt and the Geeks have already offered up better reviews than I can muster, so I'll leave that to them (click the above links for their reviews).

The more interesting news of the night came from one of the friends in attendance, Mat Gerdenich of Cavalier Distributing. It's been reported that The Goose will be a gourmet food and wine shop at the corner of 25th and Delaware, but Mat informed us that he's also received an impressive beer order from them. Further, he let us know that The Goose will be a two-floor shop. The main level will offer the gourmet food and other goodies while the lower level will house the beer and wine selection.

Their grand opening is scheduled for this Saturday, October 20th. Can't wait to see what they're stocking!

Also looks like they'll have a blog in the future. I'll have to check back to see how that pans out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be interesting to see what sort of specialty beer selection The Goose carries. It is more convenient for me than Kahn's as it is right down the street from my work. And its definately a good fit for the neighborhood, with all the young professionals moving into Fall Creek Place. I hope they do well.

thefens said...

This is the first I'm hearing of The Goose. I'm very intrigued.

CorrND said...

Welcome thefens -- thanks for reading and taking the time for all the comments!

Does anybody remember the original Deano's Vino, the wine, cheese, etc shop in Fountain Square? It didn't last long (maybe a year?) and Deano moved on to his current restaurant operation instead. The Goose really sounds like the second coming of Deano's shop. Except possibly better, with lots of fresh produce that Deano didn't stock.

My fingers are crossed...