Broadbent Building Facts:
- Location: Corner of Virginia Ave. and Washington St.
- Originally built: 1961 as a Merchant National Bank branch
- Until recently known as: The Zipper Building
- Ground Floor Tenant: Fogo de Chão, a Brazilian Steakhouse chain (planned)
- 2nd and 3rd Floor Tenant/Owner: The Broadbent Co.
Here is the project status as of Sunday, October 21st:
The corner of Washington and Virginia:
Looking Northwest on Virginia (the last diagonal street that provides a peak at the monument -- this view is really very cool and tough to capture with a camera):
You can see the last remnants of the Zipper Building facade on the lower backside of the building:
Here are a couple renderings of the final product:
And for the history buffs, here's the building that stood on the Broadbent Building site from 1876 until it was demolished in 1959, the Vance Building:
It was renamed the Indiana Trust Building when two stories were added in 1894-95 :