IUPUI Campus Center Facts:
- Location: SW corner of University Blvd. and Michigan St.
- Broke ground: September 30, 2005
- Cost: $50M (20% from state, 39% from student fees, 41% from revenue generated)
- Architects: Smithgroup of Washington, DC and Ratio Architects of Indianapolis
- Height: 179ft to top of bell tower
- Estimated Completion: December, 2007
South/Vermont St. facade:
Southeast Corner with Bell Tower:
Southeast corner and East/University Blvd. facade:
Southeast corner with gerbil tube to Cavanaugh Hall:
Looking North along the East facade (the fact that this glass wall drops down to the basement level is probably the most interesting feature of the design. With the up-lighting, this facade should look amazing at night):
Northeast corner (University Hospital Cancer Center addition in the background):
Looking West at the North/Michigan St. facade:
Looking East at the North/Michigan St. facade (this facade is terrible -- there isn't even a public door into the building):
For additional info, renderings and to take a look at the construction webcam, check out IUPUI's Campus Center webpage.