Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beer: This n' That (On Tap Edition)

MacNiven's: Brooklyn Blast, a double IPA, is on tap.

BadaBoomz: Left Hand Milk Stout is on tap. Due to supply issues, Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA will be replaced with Bell's Two Hearted Ale when the current keg is kicked. Bell's Hopslam is still available but Founders Devil Dancer is going, going...

Rock Bottom: both locations will be tapping Maibock on Thursday at 6pm.

Aside: this quote from a Beer Advocate user review is the most amusing, accurate description I've ever read of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA:

A great session brew for any raging alcoholic hophead with a sweet-tooth.

3 comments:

rodney said...

Hot Shotz had Brooklyn Blast on tap last time we were up there. Very nice to see it's making its way around!

Jim said...

Had a sample of the Blast last time I was at Hot Shotz. Something was wrong with the beer (it smelled like rotting garbage). Even Hans admitted that he thought he might have procured a bad keg.

CorrND said...

The Blast I got at MacNiven's was also odd. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly the flavor was (certainly not rotting garbage). That was the first time I ever had it, so I don't know if it was supposed to taste like that. It wasn't bad enough that I couldn't drink it but it wasn't good enough that I would order it again.