Thursday, February 28, 2008

Photos: Indiana Avenue Restaurant and Lounge

Very visible work started on the outside of Indiana Avenue Restaurant and Lounge yesterday as they started stripping off the roof. Today, part of the upper floor of the building is exposed and they've got a small crane to help with the work. Is this just an extensive roof repair or a sign of more serious renovations going on? Who knows...

This second picture also illustrates one of my pet peeves about West St.: the extreme wire mess. There are few, if any, overhead wires for blocks around West St. (10th St. is an exception), yet the city maintains this crazy mess of cables on one of the most visible and highly traveled streets in downtown? This is the face we want to put forward? And don't even get me started about the road surface at I65 and DMLK Jr...

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm odd, I know, but I think of powerlines and poles as pieces of the urban mosaic. Did you see the big painting of a power pole and lines at L'Explorateur? Loved it.