Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Photos: Inside Zing

I got a chance yesterday to take a look inside Zing, the new restaurant coming soon to the corner of West and Indiana. While it's not quite complete and ready for the big dance, I was very impressed with the layout and detailing of the redesign. As far as I could see, there isn't a single detail left of Payton's Place, the former bar/restaurant that most recently occupied this building.

Looking around the inside, there are essentially four seating areas:
1. A first floor seating area in the point of the building.
2. An upstairs seating area around a large bar.
3. An almost private room at the southern end of the second floor.
4. The seating on the wrap-around second floor balcony.
I took the opportunity to probe the owners about their beer selection, so if you're curious about that, check out my post on Hoosier Beer Geek (there are also a handful of photos that don't appear here). If you're curious about the food angle, Susan Guyett had a piece in the Indy Star a couple weeks ago. In a couple words: small plates, $7-11.

Without further ado, here are the photos I took yesterday afternoon (as always, click on any photo for a larger view).

Ground Floor Seating
More Ground Floor SeatingThe StairsTop of the StairwellSeating Next to the Second Floor BarStanding at the Point, Looking South at the Second FloorThe "Almost Private" Room at the Southern End of the Second FloorMore of that RoomThe Outdoor SeatingMore Outdoor Seating!

3 comments:

Anthony Bullard said...

Looks like a nice place to grab lunch in the spring/summer! I'll have to check it out next year, or maybe when I come up in a month or two if the weather cooperates...

Kevin said...

Cool. More mid-priced choices! Always a winner for me.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice place REALLY needs a website. No idea what kind of food is being served. Nothing to pique my interest to go.