Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beer: This n' That

Kahn's Fine Wine: Kahn's currently has Goose Island Imperial IPA in stock. It doesn't come cheap -- a 4-pack will set you back $19.99 -- but this is a fairly rare beer to come across and I've heard it's absolutely incredible. They got 3 cases in on Saturday, though they're a little lighter after my brother and I raided them. Their beer guru estimates it won't last more than a week, so get there quickly if you want some.

Badaboomz: I recently met the bartender/beer buyer for Badaboomz for the first time. Very interesting guy that LOVES his beers. I hadn't been to Badaboomz in a couple months but stopped by specifically to get some Brugge Black. They've got some other interesting things on tap right now: Bell's Special Double Cream Stout, New Albanian Hoptimus, Two Brothers Hop Juice, Gouden Carolus Noël and Bell's Batch 8000. Also of note is that you can get a bomber of Stone Imperial Russian Stout for a reasonable $9.50, as opposed to the ridiculous $25 that Shallo's wants for it.

3 comments:

Jim said...

That Stone's Imperial Stout is fantastic stuff. Also love the Hoptimus, but BadaBoomz is serving it too warm. They need to get it down to cellar temp.

CorrND said...

I agree on the Hoptimus being a tad warm.

On the other hand, you have to appreciate that they even attempt to serve it at the proper temperature rather than serving everything at 35F in a frozen bug!

CorrND said...

Thinking a little more about beer serving temperature: I think I'd prefer that a beer be served slightly below the "ideal" temperature. It's pretty much impossible to drink and enjoy a beer completely at the ideal temp, so I'd rather that the beer move through the ideal temp as I drink instead of starting at the ideal and moving to "too warm".

(and yes, I'm also wondering what beer in a frozen bug would be like)